The food pantry at Heartland Community Health Center serves approximately 200 families every month. In 2013, it served 2350 families, which adds up to a total of approximately 25,620 items given throughout the year. Through generous donations, we’re able to support low-income families while keeping our food pantry’s costs low.
While community members recognize the need for continuous support, we often hear people ask how a local supporter, business, small group or family can become involved and make a real difference in the local community. The Heartland Food Pantry’, “Adopt-an-Item” program is one of those ways.
Adopt-an-Item, a new program in Heartland’s Food Pantry, is an effort to ensure the most requested, or needed items, are made available to clients of the food pantry on a consistent basis.
The Adopt-an-Item program will provide the choice of healthy items for our patients and clients of the food pantry. This will encourage healthy life habits in addition to new lifestyle changes. Knowing that these items are available, our dedicated volunteers will have the opportunity to spend time with our food pantry clients and respond to any other needs they may be experiencing.
By adopting an item on the list below, you will be directly involved with Heartland as we continue to meet the need of food assistance that many local community members face everyday.
Check out this list and choose an item that will fit in your monthly giving budget:
- Corn Muffin Mix: $11.70/month
- Chicken Broth, canned: $13.26/month
- Spinach, canned: $15.86/month
- Brown Rice, 16 oz: $17.42/month
- Black Eyed Peas, canned: $18.20/month
- Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies: $20.45/month
- Cream of Chicken Soup: $20.45/month
- Baked Wheat Crackers: $21.67/month
- Cream of Mushroom Soup: $25.57/month
- Mixed Fruit: $27.39/month
- Spaghetti Sauce: $30.51/month
- Salsa: $34.67/month
- Apple Juice w/no sugar: $38.48/month
- Peaches, light/in juice: $38.57/month
- Diced Tomatoes: $42.47/month
- Mandarin Oranges, 15 oz can: $42.47/month
- Frozen Broccoli, 16 oz: $43.33/month
- Refried Beans: $50.70/month
- Shampoo + Conditioner: $51.35/month
- Toilet Paper, 4-roll, 2-ply: $55.90/month
- Pineapple, canned: $57.20/month
- Canned Chicken, 12.5 oz: $62.05/month
- Applesauce, unsweetened: $63.70/month
- Microwave Popcorn, lt. butter 24 ct.: $65.00/month
- Ground Turkey: $68.90/month
- 1/2 of needed Milk, 1% half gallon: $75.66/month
- Canola/Vegetable Oil, 16 oz: $83.20/month
- Milk: $151.32/month