integrated, holistic health care
What is integrated care?
-Karin Denes-Collar, Behavioral Health Consultant
Behavioral Health Consultation
The Behavioral Health Consultant will provide immediate and personal follow-up to the Heartland primary care provider including findings and recommendations. Heartland’s onsite Behavioral Health Consultant, Karin Denes-Collar, is a Licensed Specialist Clinical Social Worker.
What type of services does the Behavioral Health Consultant offer?
- Assessment of mental health and substance abuse concerns to help guide a physician’s treatment
- Close collaboration with our primary care providers at and between primary care visits
- Help with crisis management
- Brief therapy for focused concerns—this usually is completed within 2-3 months or intermittently over several months
- Help in making behavior changes to make chronic illnesses easier to manage, such as weight loss, diet changes and medication compliance
- Referral to other community resources and other therapists when needed (i.e. specialty services when someone will benefit from more than brief therapy)
- All interventions are guided by attention to an individual’s spiritual needs and discussion of how spirituality impacts a patient’s life is frequently initiated.
- Patients are offered an opportunity to pray if that is helpful to them and are encouraged to ask for prayer.
Health Coaching and Care Coordination with AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps members work with medical staff to provide care coordination. Care coordination includes:
- Scheduling routine follow up visits
- Offering supportive phone calls
- Connecting patients with medication assistance programs offered through pharmaceutical companies
AmeriCorps members assist new patients through the intake process, before establishing care with a primary care physician. Services of our AmeriCorps members are available to all patients at no charge. Please let your provider know if you are interested in working with their health coach to improve your health.