OUR MISSION & VISION
We exist to:
- Provide quality and compassionate health care to all people in Lawrence and surrounding areas – focusing on integrated, patient-centered care for all.
- Collaborate to expand access to health care and promote healthy lifestyles to build healthy communities
Heartland is a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home.
Heartland receives HHS funding and has Federal Public Health Service (PHS) deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.
Vision / Philosophy
Health Care, Not Sick Care
- Waiting until the last possible moment to seek health care when something goes wrong is not health care, it’s sick care.
- Preventative medicine works, and it can save lots of money. Go see a doctor every year, even when you feel perfectly healthy.
- an approach to providing holistic (physical, mental, social, spiritual) health care that creates relationships between patients and their personal provider
- affordable personal and personalized care
- focuses on offering evidence-based care and supporting patients as they manage their health
- decreases barriers to health care, increases patient satisfaction and improves health results
- uses patient’s comprehensive medical history to create a plan to maintain good health
- safe and welcoming
Financial Poverty vs. Social Poverty
- The greatest challenge of poverty is not necessarily financial. Sometimes, it’s social poverty, or social isolation.
- Making a healthy change without money is hard. Making a lifestyle change without social support is even harder.
- Heartland’s goal is to show love and compassion for all patients. We want to build a healthier community.